In recent years our family jack-o-lantern tradition has come to include roasting the pumpkin seeds. Here's what we do:
1. preheat the oven to 300 F
2. Remove all the seeds, separate them from the pumpkin goo, and clean them. This is tedious and usually takes me 20-30 minutes.
3. Dry off the seeds with paper towel. They don't have to be completely dry.
4. Put them in a bowl and add the following per cup of pumpkin seeds: a) tbsp olive oil, b) 1/2 tsp salt, c) tsp garlic powder. Mix and coat well.
5. Spread the seeds on a cookie sheet
6. Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes, stirring/flipping every 15 minutes.
Mmmmmm... pumpkin seeds